Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Timken Silent Automatic

Thought you wetheads might enjoy seeing this old boy. We removed it last fall, didn't get pictures of the new boiler though. 

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    That's a newer boiler

and too simplified when it was converted to gas. Other than that, let's see today's equipment last 1/2 as long. Thanks for sharing
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Timkin:

Is that a rotary burner?

I only worked on a few of them in the past. They sure were quiet and had a flame that looked like it was gas. Kind of blue.

I can still see where they were because they had to use a flat tank because of the carburetor and the gravity flow to the slinger/motor. Really cool.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Rotary

I think that was at one time. There was an oil pump along the wall back left from the days it was oil. 
  • Gary_17
    Gary_17 Member Posts: 37
    No pump

completely gravity fed. That was probably the constant level valve. Unbelievably there are a few of these still out there with the rotary burner. Luckily you can't even get a gasket or track repair clip for them any more.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Rotary

If they weren't gravity fed, we had Autopulse pumps that supplied the Kero. That is a constant level valve. I'm thinking this had an underground tank originally. I still have all parts for them. Too bad, they were up there with GE for efficiency, and you could walk right by one and never knew it was running. If they were not set up right, they could kill you, and have.
  • hvac2you
    hvac2you Member Posts: 1
    How old is that thing?

How old was that boiler?  What did you end up doing with it?
This discussion has been closed.