Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion analyzer help

Options
Jim K_2
Jim K_2 Member Posts: 2
Have a ten year old Bacharach Fyrite pro that keeps giving me trouble ( just serviced in Dec, now will not read stack temps) , want to upgrade. I test oil burners and gas equipment any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    I use

The company I work for use's the Wohler. Excellent piece of eqipment, does everything and has stood up to 10 tech's using it..
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Combustion analyzers:

I hear the best about Wohlers and Testo 327's. They are field servicable and don't need to be sent back for repair and recalibration.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Wohler hands down.

We have Wohler's and Testo's both.  IMHO, the Wohler gives you quicker feedback to changes.  The vacuum pump seems more rugged.  The accessories, are a little pricier, but the performance is worth it.

Not a knock on the Testo at all.  Both are top notch.  Like comparing a Lexus to a Mercedes.

Good Luck.
  • Rich_L
    Rich_L Member Posts: 81
    Options
    UEI

We have a UEI C50 and I have been extremely pleased with it. Very easy to use and seems quite rugged.

http://www.ueitest.com/product-c50.html

Rich L
  • NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Options
    UEi50 UEi75

What features is the UEi units lacking vs the Testo 327 & Bacharach Fyrite Insight have? The UEi is a third of the price.
    :NYplumber:
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I had that cheap UEI.....

returned it after 1 month.... was not impressed. Just plain did not work right. #'s  were way off.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    Jim

If the fyrite won't read stack temp, it might just be the wiring connection. Did you take apart the plug? I see this all the time as we have 50 125 Pro's. I've never seen a bad unit that causes this.

I've also seen where the other end of the probe is bad. In that case I just replace the probe/hose assembly.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Have the thermocouple in the

probe replaced. Before doing so make sure it is not touching the inside of the metal probe.
This discussion has been closed.