To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Discharging boiler pressure relief valve

garbidgarbid Posts: 10Member
The pressure relief valve on my Burnham boiler (for a gas-fired hot water home heating system) has begun to discharge slightly - not full force by any means, but a heavy drip - each time the boiler temp and pressure reach 200 degrees/35psi, shortly before the furnace cuts off, at which point the discharge stops until the next cycle.  I drained and recharged the expansion tank routinely two months ago as I do once each heating year (there was no discharging from the PRV at that time) and the Watts pressure relief valve was new about 5 years ago.  No modifications have been made to any settings on the heating system or boiler and I've never experienced this discharge before; it only started about 3 weeks ago.  Any suggestions as to what might be the cause?  Thanks.
· ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!