To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Heat transfer plates

Can anyone shed some information about Aluminum verses Graphite Heat transfer plates for a staple up system. There is only one brand that i can find of the Graphite but the cost verses savings is concerning. 
· ·

Comments

• hot rodhot rod Posts: 3,941Member ✭✭✭
    I played around

with graphite plates a few years back. I never did come up with a good way to fasten them against the floor. Too soft and floppy.

I think Watts Radiant did finally come up with an attachment plate, but I have not tried that method.

I did infrared camera some graphite installations and it does a great job of moving the energy across even a 12" wide piece. It's an excellent conductor.

It looked good when the aluminum prices were so high a few years back, don't know how it pencils out currently.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    · ·
  • NRT_RobNRT_Rob Posts: 1,009Member ✭✭
    currently

I believe they are significantly more expensive than aluminum. They are making some claims I'm not sure I can support but I would consider it "at least equal" to heavy gauge aluminum plates.

whether they are worth the additional cost or not, I am not really sure.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!