Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflo tees with Wirsboro Pex fittings

Options
ecletrical
ecletrical Member Posts: 22
Anyone know of Monoflo tees that come with Pex fittings?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Nope

Never seen one. Have had guys sweat a 1/2" Pex x Street ftg adapt in the branch side to get to pex. Wouldn't do the run sides though. Could possibly cause air problems in the kick heater due to turbulence if that is what you are trying to tap into for.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    turbulence?

Not trying to bust your chops or nothin' but I don't see pex connections causing more turbulence that a copper joint. Especially since I bet 75% of copper joints have un reamed pipe involved. Never the less I've never since pex monoflo's, I don't see why you couldn't sweat in adapters on the run of the tee's either.

BTW, I do ream all of my copper pipe ends.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    I wish!

But the demand would be so low..

Do this all the time- I do tons of bath and kitchen reno's-. Only diff is I use Viega Fostapex, and hopefully you are using some sort of PAP product..Uponor's Hepex will practically fly around from hot water expansion and make noise/chafe/wear through.

I make up a pipe section with the mono T and the regular T, usually about 6" of 3/4 copper between. Sweat the 3/4 pex adapts on each end, and sweat the 1/2 pex adapts on the branch. Aim for keeping the section lower in the joist bay so you have some wiggle room for the 1/2 risers up to the kicker. I cant the branches a little up from horizontal to help things thermally, and for air collection. Don't want to have the Mono's directly under the kicker with the branches upright..leaves no room for expansion/adjustment. I usually use 18" or more between the T's and the kicker location. I have done many "around the corner" set ups too.

Don't forget your 1/2" baseboard T with coin vent on the rear kicker stub for bleeding!
This discussion has been closed.