To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Recessed Sunrad Radiator for a bathroom

fdtechfdtech Posts: 1Member
Ok so Im a complete newbie at this so please bear with me.

I have steam heat in my home. I'm currently having my 2nd floor bathroom renovated. It is approximately 6 x 8. Right now, there is a free standing radiator in the room that has 5 columns in it (i believe thats what they're called). I will be removing that and recessing a radiator in the wall. I purchased a Sunrad this morning at my local plumbling supply store. I asked their advice on the size and they suggested a 6 or an 8 section and said the 6 section should be fine.

My questions is basically whether this is OK or if I should return it for an 8 section model. The bathroom has one exterior wall, facing west, with a double glazed window. My contractor will be insulating all the walls and ceiling, including interior walls.

Ive found some BTU calculators online and they give between 1400BTU and 1700BTU estimates for a 6x8 room. A 6 section radiator provides 1440 BTU. Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
·

Comments

• gerry gillgerry gill Posts: 2,416Member ✭✭✭
    who is doing this work?

if your contractor (I'm presuming a general contractor here) hires a steam contractor as a sub, they will run a heat loss of the room. They will then select the appropriate sized radiator based upon this loss, and compensating for any corrections that need to be done to the math due to recessing the radiator in the wall. That's how the scenario should play out.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com

Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

·
  • Long Beach EdLong Beach Ed Posts: 686Member
    Recessed...

Yes, recessing a Sunrad in the wall will change its listed output. 
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!