Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

rinniai issues

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
Had this one dumped in my lap...  Someone else installs a 75RLSi... It was installed w/ 26 ga. smoke pipe. in a interior room.. no makeup air!

Unit was not working properly... Ran ok for a week then stops. The fix  the owner would do is pull and clean the ignighter and reinstall... all is good till next  week.

I am asked to figure it out.

I see the venting and demand they fix it right... which they do. I installed the proper rinniai concentric vent.(albeit it is a longer run.) ....146" and 4-90's. Looking at the install manual that is about as far as you can go...

Still locking out weekly... any thoughts?

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    A couple things

First throw dip switch 1 to the off position to compensate for the longer vent length. Given the method to vent I'd assume nothing is correct. Check your entering gas pressure.

Did you inspect the top of the hx when you replaced the vent? was there debris on the top of the hx fins? Drop the inducer motor and look up inside to see if the combustion air diffuser is clean. Make sure when you do so that you re-insert the tab on the inducer and then lift it into position. I've had guys miss that and the back of the motor hangs and the unit is not happy. I'd order a new sparker flame rod and gasket just to get back to square one.

Rinnai's number is 800 621-9419. Call them from the job and they will walk you through the checks. Where are you located?

Finally, do look up the original installer and...%&(*%#$.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Thanks...

I am in New Hampshire. Unit is is a Salon... they have to have reilable hot water.
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    Fuel

Are you even sure it is using the right fuel?
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    I'm your rep...call me

617 834-8751. Tues am?
This discussion has been closed.