To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Taco 571-2 Zone Valve Issue

I have a Taco 571-2 Zone valve that seems to be malfunctioning.  The zone control is lit red for Zone 2 and there is no flow of hot water.  If I switch the valve to manual, I do get flow.  Is it possible that just the head of the valve is bad???  By twisting the valve to remove the head, will there be any water loss??
·

Comments

• kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,744Member ✭✭✭
    the head is...

replaceable w/o the water loss. Wait for the call for heat to  be off before doing that allowing the piston to cool.
    ·
  • bisquits1bisquits1 Posts: 7Member
    Taco 571-2

Thanks for the info, waiting for Grundfos to come out with Zone Valves so I can try one of those ALPHA ECM pumps.  Old system, but trying to make it more efficient.
    ·
  • bisquits1bisquits1 Posts: 7Member
    manual vs auto

If I switch the valve to manual, will the zone continue to just run??  Probably not too good on the overall run time of the boiler??
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!