Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige with Alpha pump

Options
Getting ready to install a Prestige Solo 110 in a house with CI rads.  Ignoring the rad sizes and doing the heat loss, it needs 90k BTU.  It has 6 zones on it and some appear to be fairly small.  I prefer to not primary/secondary pipe.  I don't know the head of the system and am wanting to use an Alpha pump.  From what I have read about the European installs, the variable speed pumps are a no go with a Mod Con but I have also read the Prestige is OK

The real question is, can I replace the pump in the Prestige with an Alpha or is this only for the secondary side of PS?

Nathan

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    Options
    well

I have no idea how you'll get an outlet wired into the cabinet of the solo, but the other trick is you would have to maintain the minimum flow rate requirement for the solo. that can be hard to ensure with "autoadapt" but with fixed pressure and adequately large minimum zones or pressure bypasses it can be done.

I would question the wisdom of it though. If you can do the whole system with one pump and it has to be fixed speed, that's not a bad place to be.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
This discussion has been closed.