Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with Caleffi manifold

I am getting bleed through on a project with three Caleffi manifolds. All the telestats are closed, and I can see visible flow on at least three flow indicators when another zone is calling for heat. I have set hundreds of manifolds in the last 20 plus years, Infloor, Stadler, Rehau, Wirsbo. I removed and reinstalled the telestats, and then installed three new telestats to no avail. I suspect a problem internally withe valve stem in the manifold. Has anyone had a similar experience.

I'm anticipating the " That's the first time we heard of that" conversation, Any help would be appreciated.

John Owens

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    System fluid clean?

Had a similar problem on a lesser quality manifold.   I had to remove the manifold and clean it because the valve assembly was corroded due to poor maintenance of the system glycol.  
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,120
    which manifold

are you using? And which operator?

If you remove the operator and screw the white cap on, does the flow stop. That would tell if something is stuck in the valve seat and help narrow down the problem to the valve or seat. Or if the operator is the issue.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.