Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Good Macintosh Drawing Programs???

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
OK, so it's been a few years since I asked this question, and hopefully some young developer out there has come out with a simple drawing program for use with Mac computers.

I have Visio on my PC's, and it works fantastic, but is not Mac compatible, short of running Boot Camp or some other alternative Windows program.

Does any of you Mac users out there know of something that is directly Mac compatible, like Paint for Macs? Siggy, HR?

TIA

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    I run Parallels

on my mac, so it can run pretty much any program. I think Siggy runs it also. The HydroniCAD and HDS programs works fine with this combo.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Thanks HR...

I am trying dearly to wean myself off of MicroShaft programs :-)

Funny thing, when I bought my Apple iPhone last year, I asked the technogeekkid working the counter if anyone had come out with a good. simple Mac drawing program, and he looked around to make sure no one was within ear shot and said "You'll have to go to Micro Soft for a good program, Mac doesn't have one..."

And here, all the promoters of Macintosh tout its graphic capabilities...

Thanks for responding.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    we use PowerCADD

though I don't know if it qualifies as "simple".

Sketchup is pretty good for 3-D stuff too but for piping diagrams it's not quite ready yet.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • michael_34
    michael_34 Member Posts: 304
    Hot Rod

Are you running Windows on the Parallel program to run HydroniCAD and HDS programs? Or are running straight off Parallel? And what Version of Parallel do you have?

Michael
  • Rufus Laggren
    Rufus Laggren Member Posts: 10
    Not sure if they have a piping pkg

but these guys have been doing Mac for a long time. Only problem is they are (real) pricey.

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/716/Vectorworks+Operating+System+Compatibility+List

Rufus
This discussion has been closed.