Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Engineer

Options
Pablo27
Pablo27 Member Posts: 2
<span style="font-size:12pt">I would like to know if I can get some valuable information on steam design</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">I am working on a project to provide steam pressure to a new sterilization equipment. The steam requirements are between 65 and 75 PSI ( do you consider this high pressure or medium pressure). The boilers are located 350 feet away approximately and I have to account for losses. The steam requirements are approximately 1800 lb/hr.  The steam pressure boiler discharge is approximately 75 to 80 PSI. </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt">The following are other questions I have</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt">Do I need to provide steam traps or can the steam pressure push any condensate</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">What pipe size is correct, I calculated 2” schedule 40 </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">Can the pipe be treated or it needs to be butt welded.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt">The new steam pipe will be run in the ceiling of a occupied space.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt">As always, your feedback is most valuable, and my steam knowledge is limited. Please let me know if you can suggest a few good ways to design a good steam piping system to keep me out of trouble and do a good job. Thank you in advance and I will way for your assistance</span>
This discussion has been closed.