Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

owner

ananga
ananga Member Posts: 1
I'd appreciate feedback on any problems or advantages of installing a buderus condensing oil fired boiler ( GB125BE, AFUE 93%) ) vs. a non condensing (G115WS, AFUE 86%).  With the current fed tax break, the cost difference is about $1000, which, from conversations with buderus technical assistance, could be recovered in 5 years, given current oil prices. thank you

Comments

• eComfortUSA
    eComfortUSA Member Posts: 11
    Buderus Condensing versus Non Condensing

Hello.

I am big fan of all new technologies, so you will need more opinions from more conservative people.

By putting condensing boiler you will not only safe money in usage, not crazy amount but still it will be difference but you will have much better comfort system and actually you will make lesser impact on ecological factor. Plus when you will put Tekmar 256 you will have best oil fired system as you can get, truly modulating, Only one trick, when installer will put boiler make sure he will change piping around the boiler, with condensing boiler you WANT to bring cold water back to the boiler, in traditional boiler you need to protect boiler from cold water coming back and this is the reason why most likely you have primary  and secondary loops as right now. I can write for hours about this, if you need to please contact me i can send you all kid of information.

Once again, contractor who will install the boiler important same or even more than actual boiler.

Thank you

Victor
    eComfortUSA
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Low Sulfur oil

Do you have low sulfur #2 oil available? 
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Once bitten twice shy

Remember the Yukon.be prepared to give your service man a key to the house. The Yukon worked on kerosene, so I was told. But until you have a good source for low sulfur oil, I wouldnt.  If you enjoy working with new things, have the right oil, and are willing to put up with the inconvenience(maybe) Go for it. Also figure the payback based on the price of the Low sulfur oil. 
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    I assume you're a HO?

The Buderus G125BE and GB125BE are for sale to professionals who have been trained by Buderus. Quite unprofessional of a "wholesaler" to give you those prices.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.