Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with Carlin oil primary 60200-02

Jim_139
Jim_139 Member Posts: 61
The revision of the 60200-02 primary to B was effective with datecode 01145. Anything before that was Rev A.

If the control is good the red and amber lights would be on solid until you pressed the reset, then they would flash alternately. Sounds like the primary is no good.

Comments

• Alan Muller
    Alan Muller Member Posts: 31

There seems to be no Carlin off-hours service, so maybe someone could advise on this Saturday afternoon problem.

This primary is showing no lights. If I hold down the red button it waits a few seconds, then flashes alternating amber and red for a few seconds, then goes dark again.

Boiler hasn't been used for two months, and at this time of year lightning damage is a possibility, but I can't find any other problems and the house is well-protected with surge devices.

The control is about 10 years old.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

am
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Primary

If you reset the control from a hard lockout or homeowner lockout, the lights should blink back and forth then fire the unit. If not time for a new control. I don't work with Carlin controls enough to know the numbers but I do know that the control that has RevB was part of a bad run. If you have one of these replace it.

Leo
  • Vernon P. James_2
    Vernon P. James_2 Member Posts: 33

The control may be in serviceman's lockout which happens after it has been reset 3 times. Press and hold the red reset button untill the red and amber lights stop flashing then release. The control should then be reset and will try to do the start sequence. If not the control could more than likely be bad or there is another problem
  • Alan Muller

Thanks. It is definitely not in the usual service-lockout after-three-trials. I'm familiar with that. Probably the control is bad.

This was an advanced primary when it came out but now Honeywell and Beckett seem to have at least comparable stuff at similar prices(?). Anyone have any preferences?

am
  • Alan Muller

And the answer turned out to be: The Carlin control was OK, the failure was in the low water cutoff. I should have diagnosed it better.

am
This discussion has been closed.