Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ray Boiler

Options
the Ray Cast iron condensing boiler? If you have, How do you like them?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I

haven't used one,but I went to the factory last year and it's a real nice unit.I like the control strategy,the only negatives are the weight and 40-200K BTU range
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did they say

anything about adding smaller models?
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Still waiting for redesigned ignitors & flame sensor to be released. Both I have in have ignition failures and other issues. Nothing like a lockout in mid winter after buying just about the most expensive boiler out there... They are very quiet & perform well but we were the test market and they came out too early IMHO.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was wondering

how they were priced. I figured they were expensive. Its ashame, after finding out how inexpensive modcons are in England, you realize that its not just the Europeans taking advantage of the American consumer but even the US manufacturers jump in.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    One size fit's all

It has a 5-1 turn down ratio but do you want to pay 4+k for a 200k boiler when all you need is 75k? probably not. Nice boiler for a 8000 sq/ft home.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I am not

mistaken that boiler can be turned down to around the 100,000 BTU range. Check with Mestek folks on that.
This discussion has been closed.