Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pics of fulton slyphon early trv

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
Thought i'de post a pic of what i think is a very early TRV ,i don't really know when they where installed but i would say between the 1900 to the 1920 and as unbeiveable as it is they still work except where they replaced with new ,how about those rads peace and good luck clammy PS the last photo is of a towel rack that i had made for my basement bathroom the space was to tight for a buderus towel rack so i made my own out of some scrap 1 inch and 3/4 copper i works pretty well as good as the buderus also the rest of my house has been switched over to buderus panel rad system using a home run method peace
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    its amazing

that they still work...serious quality there huh! thats a cool looking towel warmer..did a nice job on that..

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    you should market that rack, clamster

nice job on the towel rack, bro.
  • clammy
    Thanks

thanks for the kind comments on the towel rack although i don,t know about marketing it ,i think it required about 40 to 50 ft of tubing and about 4 hours to assemble pressure test and cleaning of all the scale and junk plus about 4 sticks of sil fos 15 .i,m not done yet i,m working on a low temp(130 max )direct pipe rad for a laundry drying rack and a ceiling pipe rad .still in the planning stages thank god my wife doesn,t mind my sickness to much .Again thanks for your always kind comments peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • bob young
    RACK

did you spray it or powder coat. it is a beauty. branches pulled w/ T-DRILL ??
  • clammy
    i'm poor

Sorry Bob i used a uni bit to drill 3/4 inch holes in the 1 inch pipe it was not the easy lining them all up as for the paintjob i used steel wool to clean it up then i used a hi temp high gloos spray paint alot of small coats to get it look half way desent ,there a 1/2 strainer behind the wall to keep any thing out ta returning back to the wisbro manifold and out of the munchkin.I can only dream of the t puller and or the curvo so i use what i have crank benders and uni bits and i have been able retro fit control wells into existing piping systems with out trying to fit 2 or 3 tees into a tight space always saves alot of hassle and i have not been called back for any leaks from my brazes .peace and good luck clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Clammy

Nice rack!

• What is the Pipe Size

On that Fulton? If it is 1/2", we believe we can get you a "new" one. We've also got a 1" "new" one. 3/4"? Not so much. The old 3/4" Fulton we had, we sent to Tunstall as a gift, so they should be able to reverse engineer a re-build from that.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bruce_21
    bruce_21 Member Posts: 241

I envy that rack. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
  • bob young
    nice rack !!

ya don't usually hear that said to a man. especially a plumber !!! lol
  • clammy
    mostly 3/4

All of them on the rads are 3/4 while a few wall convectors are 1 inch except they are a bit different with a remote sensing bulb and a dial selector mounted on the front
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
This discussion has been closed.