To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

looking for used tankless...

chrischris Posts: 22Member
heater...
I know it sounds strange, but my customer wants a used tankless. I guess he thinks he will save some money, and maybe he will, so I told him I would ask around.

problem is, no one sells anything used. I need either a Takagi, or a Monitor tankless. Monitor would be my preference, but either way will work.

anyone have any ideas on where to get one???

I have tried, but am out of ideas.

thanks for the help
· ·

Comments

• kpckpc Posts: 5Member
    did you....

look on ebay, craigslist, classifieds?
    Some codes will not allow you to reuse water piping from 1 home to another home let alone a water heater.....kpc
    · ·
  • chrischris Posts: 22Member
    thanks

I have tried ebay, and craigslist.

saw a few on ebay I would have purchased, but he insists on used. why?? the price for new is not that expensive, but its not my decision.

I would just pass on this project, except there isn't much work right now, times are lean, and jobs are hard to come by.
    · ·
  • mikemike Posts: 675Member
    then he'll just have to wait,

bec it took me a while to find a used one, $250 on ebay, and i'm sure you won't have your choice of brand
    · ·
  • Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 4,845Member ✭✭✭
    Try Low Energy Systems in Denver

303-781-9437

Ask for Neil Greene.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    · ·
  • joseph annonjoseph annon Posts: 33Member
    used paloma tankless

Well not heavily used. The had problems with altitude (elevation 6500') would cycle a couple of times then quit. It is set up for propane. Use time is very low. I think that are are several extra parts for the unit. Attempts from the rep trying to make the unit function.
    It is from a customer I looked at doing work and am waiting to hear back from them on the bid for work. If you are interested let me know. I can get model #.
    Joe
    JMMA
    · ·
  • mikemike Posts: 675Member
    hey mark, thanks for the tip

low energy systems, scratch and dent
    http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/blemlist.html
    · ·
  • mark ransleymark ransley Posts: 155Member

What use will it get, one person, two, or home heating, what btu is needed, tankless sell for new 500 - maybe 3000.00. New has warranty and didnt freeze
    · ·
  • chrischris Posts: 22Member
    thanks

for the reply's...

thanks mark, will defenately check out low energy systems.

this will be used for 2 baths, potable, and small section of the house for heating. so the load is not huge, but needs to be able to keep up.

thanks again
    chris
    · ·
  • World PlumberWorld Plumber Posts: 389Member
    Savings

With the cost of labor. Is it worth it? Ask questions like. Why did they take it out? What problems am I going to have? What will it cost me to get it working right? I haven't been pricing them in the US, but what I paying for them in Europe I wouldn't consider a used one.

Mac
    · ·
  • mark ransleymark ransley Posts: 155Member

Heating and 2 baths,, forget tankless,if you will run two baths at once or a shower and another person uses a sink then in winter all 200,000 btu could be needed for HW. Unless there was a way to automaticly shut down building heat. These are mainly designed for personal HW. What BTU is needed for heating.You wont gain in effecency over a boiler, do you think you will.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!