To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Chris SChris S Posts: 177Member
The Freedom boiler is the same as the Crown Bimini. They have the Aluminum heat exchanger. We have installed both, as one supplier we deal with sell Crown , another Burnham.
Discussions of heat exchanger material aside, I like them. They are easy to wire, easy to service, and run well. I especially like the concentric venting for a through the roof application- it is a very nice finished look.

My dealing with Crown have been nothing but pleasant, and so I have no reservations about buying their boilers. We also replaced several Burnham V7s under Warranty, and I was impressed that they quickly supplied new Blocks as needed, and paid the installation bills within 30 days. I think that speaks volumes for what type of company they are.

• Rich KontnyRich Kontny Posts: 562Member
    Crown Condensing Boiler

And Burhham Alpine look a lot alike, are they made by the same manufacturer? Also I came upon a job with both swing and spring checks. Should I take out the spring checks due to restriction?

• JackRJackR Posts: 125Member

I have used a few Alpine's and I really like them, they are not the same as a Crown, Both the Freedom and CHG models by Burnham are Aluminum and similar to Crown, the Alpine is stainless steel which I do not believe crown has.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!