Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

solar site analysis

Options
This what we use everytime. It is a very useful piece of equipment and does not cost that much. I am not too pleased with their Pathfinder Assistant program. It generates a fairly nice proposal, but the number are often way off from reality. I also use RETScreen for performance and analysis, but it can be a little funny and time consuming to learn. I need to call Solar Pathfinder to ask some further questions about their assisant program. I proposed a thirty panel system the other day and it's number were at around 10-15% of what they should be. I tried several times, but to no avail. It has worked in the past, but since it just came out I am sure some of the bugs will get worked out. The Solar Pathfinder tool is a must though. It really lets you know where shading is. Hope this helps.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    solar tools

I am wondering what tools you have found to be usful in site analysis. i have read alot about the solar pathfinder. Just wondering if there are any other tools available.
    I think a good professional looking site analysis report would be extremely helpful in selling solar.

Any products you found to be the better than others....pros/cons....

Thanks.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
    Tsol

Pathfinder is a must,Retscren is good i also use Tsol which is a software program (Professor Valentine from Berlin)
  • Theealchemist
    Theealchemist Member Posts: 59
    Options
    solar tools

I highly recommend the Solmetric solar analysis tool.
    http://www.solmetric.com/.
    Shading analysis, GPS with google earth integration.
    Very easy to use.
    Just purchased Viessmann's ESOP software.
    Quite nice and priced right. From the Valentine family.
    RETScrean is a nice tool to also have in the arsenal...
  • Ron Huber_2
    Ron Huber_2 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Tools

This pdf shows the picture that the fisheye lens on the Suneye takes, then once downloaded to your computer generates a report. The pathfinder can show you pretty much the same view, but the Suneye really spells it all out so that you can print or email the results to the customer. It is as much a sales tool as it is an evaluator. Customers see that we are taking the time to make sure the system will be optimized.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    An eye in the sky

gather the customers info over the phone, then use the power of the www and satellites!

Here are a couple example. This one job was 500 miles from my shop. I was able to access the site via "views" from above. You can also add a compass overlay, and in many areas drill down to a street view.

After you do your homework online, set up an appointment to visit the customer. Many are surprised and impressed when you show them this type of pre-planning picture :)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.