Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

veissmann vitodens fault codes

Options
I do have a Vito 100 that keeps faulting to F4.

I'm going out to look at it next week.

Is this the fault code you are getting?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=578&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• hank_6
    hank_6 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    veismmann vitodens 100

any of you fine techs running in to the vitodens 100 locking out due to the flapper hanging up at start up. both units my company has installed have had this issue, i guess the new flapper is a bit different in it doesnt close all the way eleiminating the flapper from sticking , just curious..thanks.. HANK
  • hank_6
    hank_6 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    vitodens 100

no it is an F5 error code which is a pressure switch issue.i know its not the switch and i tested it. what i ended up doing was removing the 6 hex head bolts on the fuel/air channel on the front of the unit (looks like a long pork chop), shut the gas off and turned the unit on. If you look at the back of where the porkchop was you can see the flapper pop up when the blower revs up, problem is mine is sticking causing pressure switch not to make and error code F5.Checked exhaust and intake pipes for ice or any other blockage and all was clear. I ordered a new flapper and they have a little different design so they dont close all the way therefore no sticking.
    Not sure what code F4 was but it could be related.
    Good luck...HANK
  • Gary Jansen_4
    Gary Jansen_4 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Vitodens 100 code

An F4 code deals with no flame signal. I would check for proper gas pressure, ignition electrode gap, dirty flame rod, possible plugged trap. Good Luck, Gary
This discussion has been closed.