Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electric Butler?

Options
have info on these? Apparently it was a device that regulated draft automatically by monitoring the system temp and modulating the draft damper on coal fired boilers. I believe it was made by Honeywell. I found one many years ago when cleaning out Dad's garage. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to hang onto it way back then. The subject came up the other day and I can't find anything about it with a google search. Info? The question was if it was line voltage. I think it was but can't recall.

Comments

• I have a

similar one on my shop display wall made by Honeywell called the Electric Janitor.
    If I dig around I`m sure I have the papers for it.

Dave
  • Fred Harwood_2
    Fred Harwood_2 Member Posts: 195
    Options
    electric butler

Once had three of them, each controlling a steam zone valve on a large vapor system. They were three-wire 24v, 60-second, Honeywell, and were operated by beautiful brass bimetalic thermostats with many adjustable parts that allowed for anticipation and range.
  • Wow, cool!

I knew somebody here would know something about them. It's hard to remember but I think the word was butler not janitor but it's possible they were of the same design. So they operated steam valves and not the damper? Interesting. I'd love to see a copy of the papers if you can scan them in. I feel like such an idjit for not keeping it now. That's nothing, I also tossed a macro photog bellows for the Leica camera that he had becasue I had no idea what it was and noone wanted it. Kicking myself for that one too now that I know what it was. Ahhh hindsight...
This discussion has been closed.