Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Met My Match

Options
I been in the pipe trades for almost 40 years now and just today I have met my match. Little 10 month old Carter Benjamin (recently crawling) is putting his grandpa to the test. I volunteered to watch Carter while my daughter and wife took her two other children to a Christmas show. I was thinking the little guy would down his bottle and fall off to a long nap. After changing his diaper I thought ok he has to be tired now. Not! this guy does not want to miss a single moment of male bonding with grandpa!

Guys we may string miles of in-floor piping, plumb tall buildings and take customers best shots. None of it compares to the job our lady folk do day in and day out with our most precious possessions.

You win ladies, I am actually looking forward to driving 35 miles in the snow tomorrow to install another 1000 ft of 1/2" pex. Carter is wearing me down slow but sure and I just got a call that it is intermission. That means about another hour and one half of male bonding. We have discussed fluid movement as he is on his second bottle and ready for another diaper change. Does it mean any thing special when he growls at me???

Oh well he is tugging at my pants leg so I better pay attention before he gets vocal.

Whoes me!

Rich

Comments

• Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Options
    sounds to me like you did a wonderful job

I give you a lot of credit taking on a 10 month old. Good for you Ruthe
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Options
    sounds to me like you did a wonderful job

I give you a lot of credit taking on a 10 month old. Good for you Ruthe
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Down for the count

Carter finally went to sleep, trouble is I was ready for a nap two hours ago :)
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    I FEEL UR PAIN

I DID the same only cody (my grandson) was teething unknown to me when i voluntered well boy does he have good lungs cry, cry some more. I finally put him between my legs on the recliner let him cry turned on the tv 2 min. b4 mom comes to pick him up he stops she goes oh he must have been a little angel if she only knew
This discussion has been closed.