Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

plastisizers

Options
kpc_44
kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
is what you mean... several different makes. Fostapex-viega is one. I know of no adverse effects to water pipe w/ pex... is has been used in Europe since the late 70's...

Comments

• Matthew Grallert
    Matthew Grallert Member Posts: 109
    Options

SO while digesting thanksgiving supper with the family I got on the topic of domestic plumbing. Copper vs Pex. My brother did some repair work for my sister(he's closer) and he used copper. I asked why not pex. We got on the plastisizer thing and I said I don't know if there is the issue of these plastisizer in the pex domestic piping. Ive thought about this in the past and thought I'ld through it at the wall and see if it sticks. It would be nice to have a knowledable responce when the topic comes up again. On a side note my brother claimed to have seen a pex/copper pipe on some of his job sights. I've never seen it and can"t find any work of it.
    Peace
    Matthew
  • Matthew Grallert
    Matthew Grallert Member Posts: 109
    Options

No I an familur w/ Pex al pex use it all the time he was clear about a copper pex Very thin layer of copper almost foil. I thought fuel line but was just wondering if any one has ever seen or heard of this.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Seen in germany...

Not in the USA.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.