Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

\"defective\" barometric

Options
kpc_44
kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
to have a defective barometric draft control? I installed a new boiler(G115-28) into a new 6" all fuel chimney... no matter the adjustment it will stay in open mode after the burner kicks off...Flue pipe is plumbb... draft does not seem overly strong... tia,kpc

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

There could still be a natural thermal draft taking place. Possibly loosing heated air from the room? One other thing you may want to check, is that the weight is in the correct position H or V

Just some thoughts…..

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641
    Options

do you have a draft gauge ? you really dont need a barometric on the buderus --unless you a very high draft
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    that's

not what Charlie Smith from Buderus has told me, on numerous trouble jobs he and have been on. It's absolutely critical the draft is steady OF or the flame will lift.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    that's

what I'm thinking, Alan. Try taking draft readings with the burner on and off to get an idea what's going on.

I'm also thinking the 6" RC (if that's what you have, not the flimsy style) is sluggish if you are collaring it onto the 115/28 5" smokepipe?
  • kpc_44
    kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    it has a 6\"..

tee that it is placed into. below that it is reduced to 5" w/ a 6x5 reducer. I really doubt the draft because itdoes not open back up if you close it. HO says it never closes unless he manually does it and then stays proped back open at the next burner cycle.....
  • It is possible

We have it happen from time to time with the brands we use . Sometimes they slam open so hard they'll get stuck in the fully open position. Try a little grease on the hinges . But I'd just swap it out .
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    sticky dampers

I find these baros stick all the time. Make sure it is level. Use a carpenter's line level on the vee. Make sure the counterweight is on the correct side: right for vertical/ left horizontal. The powder coating gets so thick you may have to trim some off at the hinge points. I have the same boiler venting into a 6" ss liner x 32ft. Without the baro., I have a 0.12 breech draft. With the counterweight 95% over, it can hold it down to a 0.04 wci.

If your baro. is not stuck but swinging open from high draft, you may want to talk to Buderus about possibly a second damper. Mine purrs like a kitten. Great unit.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    no argument here

Even the RC's leave something to be desired. I would love to see nylon type bushings on the hinges and some sort of nylon padded stops for full open or closed positions.

Been there, done that with multiple DRs on high draft jobs.

Bud's are pretty particular about OF draft to point of changing the flame color spectrum enough to trick the cad cell into nuisance lockouts.
This discussion has been closed.