Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OT-Opinions on a cap for my work truck?

Jim_47
Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
I have had several configurations for trucks
A regular ford or chevy van works best. Ever hear of a quigley conversion? 4wd for a van.
I have had PickUp trucks with service caps and the one that replaces the tailgate with rear doors is best.

Comments

• Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

I'm looking at buying a new full size truck 6.5 ft bed and need to get a work cap for it. I've used fiberglass in the past but was looking for somthing more secure and easier to work out of. Need a 4x4 so may need a small step to get in and out of the bed area. Unless I remove the tailgate? Any thoughts, likes or dislikes?
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

Did you want to be able to stand up in the back and work? A colleague of mine has a set up like that. I can take a picture and get some manufacturer inf for you if so.

Did you want outside storage on the cap?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"
  • Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

No, I dont need to stand up in it, I'm limited to an 8ft OH door in my garage, outside storage would be good and a secure locking system. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.