To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

OT-Opinions on a cap for my work truck?

JimJim Posts: 244Member
I have had several configurations for trucks
A regular ford or chevy van works best. Ever hear of a quigley conversion? 4wd for a van.
I have had PickUp trucks with service caps and the one that replaces the tailgate with rear doors is best.

• SaggsSaggs Posts: 174Member

I'm looking at buying a new full size truck 6.5 ft bed and need to get a work cap for it. I've used fiberglass in the past but was looking for somthing more secure and easier to work out of. Need a 4x4 so may need a small step to get in and out of the bed area. Unless I remove the tailgate? Any thoughts, likes or dislikes?
  • Norm HarveyNorm Harvey Posts: 684Member

Did you want to be able to stand up in the back and work? A colleague of mine has a set up like that. I can take a picture and get some manufacturer inf for you if so.

Did you want outside storage on the cap?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"
  • SaggsSaggs Posts: 174Member

No, I dont need to stand up in it, I'm limited to an 8ft OH door in my garage, outside storage would be good and a secure locking system. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!