Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco 4-zone controller

Welcome, first time typer. I would check the instructions for the max amp draw for the load/s on each zone. I'll just assume that you have one zone valve on each zone. The question then is, will the controller allow two on one zone? If yes, you could wire the two zone valves from the two zones you want to combine in parallel (not in series-- Let me know if you want me to explain why)

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Carol...

Long time reader, first time typer. Is there an easy way to 'series' two zones into one on a taco 4-zone controller? I have 3 t-stats, and I want to go with two.

Thanks,

Tim

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Timco

Actually, I have 3 circulators, not zone valves. If each terminal is a 24v loop, I can see why not in series. The plan is to have 2 circs come on with one t-stat, using the 4-zone controller I already have. Thanks. I should add that when I said series, I meant the t-stat could series over two inputs, not the A/C power.

Tim

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hi Tim

You can jump out 2 sets of tt on the controller from 1 t-stat. Bear in mind that each relay you energise, (in this case you will be using 2 off 1 t-stat) draws .18 amps. Your anticipation will have to be set accordingly.

Mike T.
  • Timco

For everyone's info, Taco said just remove the unwanted t-stat from it's TT terminals, and jump a wire from the right terminal of the desired controlling zone to the right terminal on the one you just killed. I found it only worked from left to left. Just the one wire jumper is all it took. Other term stays unused.

Tim
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Well, that's cool!
This discussion has been closed.