To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

ADJUSTING ROTORY CUP BURNERS

I HAVE 3 RAY BURNERS OLD AS METHUZALA. NOT SURE OF THE MODEL. ALL 3 HAVE VISCOSITY VALVES,WITH ADJUSTMENT SCREWS
ON THE FRONT CASTING. PROBLEM #1. DO I ADJUST THE VISCOSITY CONTROL VALVE TO BOOST PRESSURE? ONE BURNER HAS A HARD TIME SEEING THE MAIN FLAME. THE ONLY THING THAT IS DIFF. IS THE READING ON TOP OF THIS VALVE. BURNERS #1&#2 SHOW 48 PSIG.ON THEIR GAUGES,#3 HAS 30 PSIG.AND IT'S FLAME IS ERRATIC,CAUSING THE FLAME SIGNAL TO DROP. THE GAUGES ARE LOCATED TOP CENTER OF THE VISCOSITY CONTROL VALVES.
PROBLEM #2 I HAVE A SEAL LEAK ON THE OIL PUMP.THE OIL PUMPS ALL HAVE A FORK WITH A TENSION SPRING THAT PUSHES AGAINST A COLLAR THAT HOLDS THE SEAL AND PUTS PRESSURE ON THE SEAL. Repacked with what I thought went in there, but there is still a slow drip. Is there anyone who knows about old rotary cup # 6 burners????
·

Comments

• John

I have some really old stuff here on Ray rotary cup oil burners, but it would take me hours to go through-it,,have you tried over at Oil Tech Talk ?
    Someone there should be more versed to help you than myself.

Dave
    ·
  • oil-2-4-6-gasoil-2-4-6-gas Posts: 641Member

welcome to the Dark ages ---i still have some Prefered Rotaries i work on --- yes -People there are still many of the dinosaurs out there ----its been a while with the visco boxs with the screws --1 screw changes the volume the other screw adjusts the pressure --change your pressure guage then turn 1 screw couple of turns (count them so they go back where they were) if your pressure doesn't go up with either 1 -your pump might be bad --or slipping if the oil is too hot ---disconnect the power to the mod motor so you can adjust low fire --when low fire is stable then let it modulate . honestly there are a bunch of little things that could be going on ---it could be the "tubes" in the relay getting weak--low flame signal ,it could be in the relays contacts (of course this only applies to the cam relays,and old Fireye tube relays) it could be a problem with the refractory ,draft,the visco head,the lower windbox,the floor bricks,oil temp-viscocity ,,,---how about some history on the units -----and a picture would help alot
    ·
  • oil-2-4-6-gasoil-2-4-6-gas Posts: 641Member

get the model # and a couple of pictures ,,Oh yeah if that oil pump is bad , or the visco box your in for some serious money for replacement -------i've changed many of the Rays when the pumps replacement cost went up ---though i may have some old parts around -------
    ·
  • oil-2-4-6-gas

Hope you can help this guy, I saw his lone post and knew you`d be around.

Dave
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!