Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless WBV4 and indirect heater ( Ron Jr. )

Options
lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
Ron, you guy's set the standard's for the rest of us to follow!! Simply incredible each and every time!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This system was in Medford , NY

We were there for a warantee replace indirect a few weeks before and when the service dept. went to tuneup the boiler , they found the chamber was shot . The Thermo Dynamics had 5 zones on it , including the indirect . We've been lucky with open basements the past few weeks . But getting there was tough - the stairs turn 90 degrees right in the middle .
  • Unknown
    Options
    The job was installed

by Phil , Sal and myself . It was full , non-stop day . The oil lines are temporary - we're going back to pipe in an oil tank in the basement .
  • Tom Hopkins
    Tom Hopkins Member Posts: 554
    Options
    Beautiful!

as usual! Have the higher-ups ever heard of zone valves,isolation flanges or at least speed headers? Would make these jobs go faster.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    thats just simply beautiful,

got to hand it to you guys Ron, your shop just keeps cranking out one impressive installation after another..very neat..very impressive..

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,112
    Options
    beautiful

As allways Ron ,clean ,neat and on the plumb and level .what a vast improvement over the existing boiler.as always Ron you and the boys set the bar for awesome one day wonders if i have every seen compared to the one day wonderes that i run into ,peace and good luck and keep cool peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Once again, your artistic........

........side shows through, RJ. Why so many pumps? Your company doesn't use ZVs?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Unknown
    Options
    I'm working on

trying to get them to stock isolation flanges , at least for on top of the circs . We used the speed headers before but I don't like having the circs so far apart ( we got them spaced 6 inches between tees ) . I build the manifold using 3 1/2 or 4 inch nips between the circs . Thanks Robert .
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks Gerry

That week we installed an MPO with an indirect and 2 Peerless with indirects . People are finally getting away from the idea of using a coil for hot water .
  • Unknown
    Options
    No zone valves

And very rarely will you see zone valves on oil boilers around here . I know one major oil company uses ZVs , but they are the exception .

We don't use ZVs because these installs are usually 1 or 2 zones . 2 zones is by far the norm over here .

Thanks HeatBoy .
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tryin' to keep cool .........

I hate working in the heat . Give me 0 degree weather to install in anytime .

There were zones added to that boiler haphazardly - I think the whole supply header was 3/4 inch . We installed a system today - the drain was behind the boiler against the wall , and someone decided to pipe an extra zone back there ..... blocking the drain altogether . We had to drain it partially from the purge valve of the new zone , cut the pipes , spin it , then drain it from the bottom . I hate cleaning up after knuckleheads . Here's some pics of this nightmare .

Thanks alot Clammy , I really appreciate your kind words .
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Install

Great job! It is always interesting to see the before and after pictures of the jobs you do. The installs show what "pride" in workmanship is all about. Thanks!
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    beautiful

Ron,
    Beautiful job. Thanks for sharing.
    Isolation flanges would be good of course. If we can help with that, give a call. Johnny
This discussion has been closed.