Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Corner radiator for sale 5 bucks! pick up only . . .

Options
Daniel_3
Daniel_3 Member Posts: 543
For anyone that lives in Michigan that is looking for an ornate corner radiator that seems to be 38" tall and maybe 8 sections on each turn there is one for sale on ebay, pick up only for a starting bid of 5 bucks!! Buy it for less money than scrap would give per pound. If not, then buy it to save it from the scrap heap. Just a tip for anyone looking . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cast-Iron-Radiator-Boiler-Steam-Hydronic-Antique_W0QQitemZ130106168052QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    Cool!

Wish it was closer! I'd like it just because it's so unique.

SAVE THE RADIATORS,

jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    And look at the piping connections

This thing was installed on a Mills system! That's right, an overhead-main, down-feed gravity hot-water system which was the top of the line in hot-water heat back then, the same way Vapor was to steam.

If I had the time, I'd fly out there and rent a U-Haul to bring it to Baltimore.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ttekushan_6
    ttekushan_6 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    criminey

I was within a few blocks of there two weeks ago.
  • Joe Brix
    Joe Brix Member Posts: 626
    Options
    where

....in Michigan are you, Daniel?
  • Daniel_3
    Daniel_3 Member Posts: 543
    Options

I'm from central MA. I just saw this on ebay not too long ago and thought there was someone here who lived close to there. Wish I did though.
This discussion has been closed.