Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PDA Question

Options
eric_2
eric_2 Member Posts: 148
With all the running around everyone does, is there anyone who uses PDA's? I'm considering the technology (I'm usually a day-planner person) and I'm looking for suggestions. I would like something that I can use to sync with my Microsoft calendar. Any feedback?

Comments

• helpingothershelpthemselves_2
    Options
    PDA

We utilize Sony Clie each and every day and would be lost without it . A very valuable tool for us .
    Takes alot of keyboard time initially to set up customer base , but is worth it in the end .
    He who knows WHY

Shall be master of

He who knows HOW
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Treo

I use a Treo 650 which is a new model.Has had some glitches. Its a phone/pda which gives you access to the net.Great for info . Cingular limits the types of down loads through their system..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Palm IIIe

I've been using a PALMIIIe for close to 6 years. I need to upgrade to a new color model.

I put away my paper Day Timer the month after I bought the PALM. I've never looked back.

The possabilities for software today for them is fabulous!

Next month each of my drivers will carry a pocket PC. At delivery the customer will sign the Palm and the signiture will be transferred directly to the invoice back at the shop.

I still prefer to keep my Palm and Phone seperate.

wheels
  • Rich W
    Rich W Member Posts: 175
    Options

I moved up to a Palm Zire72 this past winter.It has built-in BlueTooth wireless. $30 for a USB BlueTooth radio for my desktop. When I get home I hit the sync button. By the time I'm in the house I've already down-loaded the days work and up-loaded the next days work that was E-mailed to me. The range is about 60ft.The Zire also has a 1.2MP still AND video camera built-in.You do need good lighting for these.It also ships with Adobe reader- I have tons of service docs stored on a 1gig card with hundreds of megs left over.Also, look at HanDBase Plus software.It lets you easily create your own software. I've made invoices with customer signature capture and bid sheets with drop down menus,auto mark-up...the works. This thing is a work horse. I haven't used one YET, but the Life Drive looks very good too.
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Options
    PDA

> With all the running around everyone does, is

> there anyone who uses PDA's? I'm considering the

> technology (I'm usually a day-planner person) and

> I'm looking for suggestions. I would like

> something that I can use to sync with my

> Microsoft calendar. Any feedback?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Options
    PDA

I use a tosiba pocket PC with active sych to Outlook. Has all my contact info as well as calander. Easy to set up and easy to use - connects to the office computer with a USB cable.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Zire 31

I'm on my second Zire 31. All of my notes are written directly into my Palm. I also have a spreadsheet program and word proc. These things are cheap enough where there is no reason not use one. You can't remember everything, but with a PDA you'll look like you do.

David
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    I use a Sony Clie

also after upgrading from a well used Handspring that did a great job. You can buy a cable that will charge and sync/download at the press of a button, found mine on e-bay!
This discussion has been closed.