Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Maple Chase Tstats

Long Beach Ed
Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,199
I've got six of them right above my desk in their boxes stacked up like cordwood.

Most were replaced under warranty by a very apologetic guy who said they have a pile six feet high of returns. The replacements didn't work either. I don't know why I keep them.

Long Beach Ed

Comments

• Rich P.
    Rich P. Member Posts: 60
    tstats

I have a customer who purchased two thermostats 0960T
    They were new but bought 8 years ago
    I was called to help them install them.
    Either one does not work, I checked fuses batteries and the system (heat works when jumped,Taco ZV)
    No continuity between W and RH
    Any recalls out there?
    Any help appreciated.
    I will probably sell new ones, but I usually use same kind...
    Thanks
    Rich P
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Maple Chase

Is out of biz or bought out by someone IIRC. Do your customer a favor and just throw them away. They were all junk. I must have had a dozen that were DOA right out of the box before I figured out they were as worthless as wings on a pig.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Unless they're ,

Being used Heating AND cooling...REMOVE the jumper between RC and RH terminals for heating only. Make sure they are switched to the fuel of choice on the back, and programmed .(easily)
    I have quite a few out there with 0 problems. Folks liked them once shown how to change times for daylight savings and change programs as needed.(please say you meant 9600T)

Most are used with circs. I haven't used them with zone valves so far. Chris
This discussion has been closed.