Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Icynene\load calcs\Wrightsoft

Joel_3
Joel_3 Member Posts: 166
That would depend on wat your design temps are still 15 btu per foot is believable depending on how well it's actually done.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=179&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Mr. Blonde
    Mr. Blonde Member Posts: 38

I have very little expierence with any of these 3 things and need some help. My primary expierence is in service and now that I'm on my own I'm doing some new construction. In the past I've been guilty of sizing replacements by quick sizing formulas. I have a contractor that uses Icynene insulation and I just purchased Wrightsoft software. I completed a load calc. on a house using a r-value of 3.6 per inch and construction quality of tihgt with .10 air changes/hour winter and .05 achr for summer. The house is a ranch with 2x6 walls, basement is not a walk out, front wall is 8' below grade and back is 2' with sides tapper. I came up with a heating load of 52,815 and a cooling load of 4 tons for a house that is 4333 sq. ft. including basement. To me the heating load looks low but would like some opinions on it. If anyone has wrightsoft I can e-mail the project to you and you could look at all the details.(winter design is -9 summer 98)
  • A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Samore e-mail plans

to ajbrletrtick@verizon.net I have had Wrightsoft for about four years now. It's a great program and can do just about anything but there is a pretty steep learning curve to it. Don't be afaid to use tech support your project they have always got back to me by the next day.
    Andy
    Kupetz's Plb & Htg

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    I agree...

...our home features similar studs and icynene in the walls, and we're aiming for 12BTU/(ft2 x hr) heat loss on a AHSRAE design day. Some walls are also insulated with Corbond, but that's because we didn't have the thickness to play with like in the back.

I don't know if Wrightsoft lets you break out the values by building component (i.e. walls, windows, etc.) but I found it to be a very useful feature in HVAC-Calc. For example, our windows have a huge effect on the overal energy efficieny. In the summertime, the windows are responsible for 2/3 of the heat gain, for example.
This discussion has been closed.