Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

fuel oil day tanks

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Like soil, I gotta stick to my roots.... Keep on teaching brother. Chris

Comments

• Steve Eayrs_2
    Steve Eayrs_2 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    day tanks

Looking for options on fuel oil day tanks, for smaller jobs. In otherwords don't need a big simplex tank w/ all the bells and whistles.
    thanks,
    Steve
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Pressurized Lines

You can delete the tank ,use OSVs ,lift pump and pressure switches. Relief by pass for larger jobs.
  • Steve Eayrs_2
    Options
    DIdn't really want to go that route.

......with the lift pump, etc.... This is a commercial application. Am looking for a smaller daytank and will pipe it back to the big underground tank outside. Primary reason for doing this is their existing system is trying to lift the oil around 18' or so, and then run horizonal through the building 100' to the boiler room (3/4" single line). Currently they have tigerloops on both boilers, and still only one will stay running when temps get down around zero. I don't believe they would have a problem if I install pump up to a daytank, (inside the building, w/ return line to outside tank), and have the boilers pull it from there.
    Just looking at options for possible cheaper and smaller, but good quality day tanks.

thanks, Steve
  • Steve Eayrs_2
    Options
    DIdn't really want to go that route.

......with the lift pump, etc.... This is a commercial application. Am looking for a smaller daytank and will pipe it back to the big underground tank outside. Primary reason for doing this is their existing system is trying to lift the oil around 18' or so, and then run horizonal through the building 100' to the boiler room (3/4" single line). Currently they have tigerloops on both boilers, and still only one will stay running when temps get down around zero. I don't believe they would have a problem if I install pump up to a daytank, (inside the building, w/ return line to outside tank), and have the boilers pull it from there.
    Just looking at options for possible cheaper and smaller, but good quality day tanks.

thanks, Steve
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    You might try....

The Firedragons site, and ask for Bruce Marshall A.K.A. bruski there. Oil Tech Talk might also get you an answer. Hope this helped.(I know a few but don't think they'll cover the sizes you need!) Chris
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Thanks Chris, I appreciate you mentioning the site :)

Here's another site you can find lots of great info and options for your situation.

Suntec Installation & Service Manual

And by all means plase feel free to stop by Oil Tech Talk
    Like The Wall, We are happy to share what we can when ever we can.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options

don't know if it's legal(Probably not) but I used to see expansion tanks used as day tanks.
    ED
This discussion has been closed.