Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

clever Brooks Boilers

Boiler Guy
Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
You were correct with a slip of the tounge/er key 2-4-6.
Jack you must be in balmy Winnipeg if you trying to find an alternate source!! Have you had the back door serial number question yet?

Comments

• JackEnnisMartin
    JackEnnisMartin Member Posts: 70
    Does anyone in Canada have an outlet for Cleaver Brooks parts

Hello
    We are looking for a replacement motor and combustiuon fan wheel for a Cleaver Brooks package boiler, 100 horse. We have gotten estimates of 2600.00 for the wheel and 2400.00 for the motor they are specific to these boilers. The boiler is fired on low pressure gas. So, any outlet in Canada that could be of help please post.

Thanks Jack Ennis Martin
  • mark  smith
    mark smith Member Posts: 112
    Clever Crooks

why do you need a Wheel ...?? can't the motor be re-built .??

pricing seems ok, it's not like you can "shop" it ...
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

the motors are specific to the boiler they have a longer stepped down shaft with a threaded end --built just for Clever Crooks -eer i mean Brooks the fans get damaged on some if they are not removed correctly--(they don't have threaded holes to install a puller)they are alluminum --the best is to have the motor replaced --and have the fan and motor "balanced"--as a whole --i mean motor,bearings,keyway,fan,shims --- the outer shroud or "velute" must be installed and set to correct tolerances also --or they will vibrate and the amount if air being moved will not be correct
    --the price is in range from the Cadillac of Commercial boilers
    is it a cb or cbh --what model??
  • mark  smith

we use "pickle forks" .. for car ball joints to get th fans off ...

did you ruin yours ..??
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    Mark --

i used to work for a rep of Cleaver Brooks -- Mark i have not seem the ball joint seperator used to remove a model CB boilers fan can you explain --?? do you unbolt the motor from the outer door and use it on that end ?? there is no room on the fan side - i have pulled many fans and some can be a pain ---
  • JackEnnisMartin
    JackEnnisMartin Member Posts: 70
    Rpely to everyone who posted and yep I am in Winnipg

Hey Boiler Guy
    You must know our Kim at a certain outlet here in Winnipeg. I did not take the wheel and motor out so I really do not know how they extracted it? However, I will certainly mentioned the "pickle fork idea" perhaps the guys have never used it? Why they are not looking for rewind on the motor I really cannot say.The guys asked me to post on Heatinghelp and I did what they requested. They tell me the combustion wheel is obsolete and that getting another one is almost impossible? CLeaver Brooks is a fine line of boilers until you need parts --- anyways thanks to one and all.
    Jack Ennis Martin
  • mark  smith

pickle forks, for breaking tie rod ends and ball joints loose

we use 2 and drive them behind the fan

P0P....!!!!
  • oil-2-4-6-gas

what year ,model and serial # on that boiler i might have a fan
    ---Mark thanks for that-"pickle fork" is the same as the ball joint seperator ----i didnt think there was enough room to actually get them in there--
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Jack

You are most correct!! I have found alternate sources of CB parts in he past. Contact me at tsp77@shaw.ca for further info if interested
This discussion has been closed.