Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

VitoSens

Mark Eatherton1
Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
That's a left Lell and a right Lell :-)

Actually, each Vito serves it's own RFH loop of radiant floors, and one DHW tank each. The 300's are pipe parallel reverse return on the potable side so that if neccessary, we can pull one to replace it while keeping the other on line. I also guaranteed the owner that he would NOT run out of hot water...under normal conditions.

The home is around 10K square feet.

ME

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=88&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    The Ultimate Retrofit

A long time customer, and now retired executive of the worlds largest brewery contracted with us to replace his ailing heating system. He said he wanted redundancy and reliability, and as usual, price is not of concern. Did I mention that he is an mechanical engineer of German heritage?

So we designed the best system we could design, got his blessings (and signature) and started working. 3 weeks later...

Kudos to Justin and Dale on a job well done. They finish up the the insulation and fine tuning the programming today, then I issue birth certificates and the keys to the system are delivered to the HO tomorrow.

Sorry, I didn't take any "before" pictures...

Enjoy!

ME

PS, The floor drain picture is for the non believers of condensate neutralizers. This system originally had 3 condensing water heaters as their heat source, and this is the effect of their condensate after 12 years. The neutralizer shown (5 gallon bucket) will never wear out, and cost a whole 30 dollars. Mine also doubles as a tree root doser thanks to the copper sulphate crystals I drop in there.

Neutralize guys...

ME
    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Nice

Nice, Mark. I suppose you had to use SS venting due to co-pipe requirements. Now you'll get to see the influence of non-sealed combustion??

Are you slaving the boilers or dedicating one for DHW production??

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Shaun Anderson
    Shaun Anderson Member Posts: 164
    Sweeeeet!!!!

Nice work Mark. Is that the job I heard about from Jim ? Just recently meet him, cool bratha. Lucky guy to be working with you fellas.

TheFuture
  • Charles Potter
    Charles Potter Member Posts: 2
    Vitosens?/Vitodens

Very nice. I'm sure your clients are very satisfied and impressed.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    A nice sale

that must have been. Certainly looks like a "lifetime" condensate neutralizer there :)

hot rod

• Mark Eatherton1
    Vito Sense...

It's the only thing that made sense... Thanks for all your help Charles. We couldn't have done it without you.

ME

• Mark Eatherton1
    We're lucky...

to have HIM working with US...

Heck, I dunno, we've got so many monster projects going on, I'm not sure which job he was speaking of. Could have been this one, or the one directly across the valley thats just coming out of the ground (see picture). That one will have a 60,000 sq foot unheated (DANG) indoor horse riding arena, a 10K square foot horse barn (RFH in the human spaces) and a 10K maintenance/ranch managers living quarters (RFH in the shop, panel radiators everywhere else.

I think we're getting REAL busy now...

ME

• Mark Eatherton1
    As a matter of fact...

This is the largest individual ticket I've ever written for a residential boiler replacement. I've written larger tickets for residential snowmelt systems and new RFH systems, but this one broke the record for boiler replacement.

ME

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    heck i thought i was buzy with 5 houses finished and 15

others in some form of completion or other...that job would bury me ...what kind of food do you eat?
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    They look Marvelous *~/:)

would you talk him into putting a dryer in the vicinity ....so i could up grade ? i have a beat up old POS that i rescued from a basement twelve years ago that was about 25 or 30 at that time....i am trying to condensence it to death buh it aint workin :( maybe i can try a smaller nozzel this winter...:) yah thats the ticket :)

Back at the plan...when you look at the work on the large building do you find your self considering Solar system ?

somewhere i saw a clip on university programming where there is some real cool guy making these like mile and a quater panels that double as roofing material...to me , i think that alot of energy in the future will pretty much have to come from wind and solar....sometimes i wonder when i put a system together on a larger home whether i should designe things around that inevitability...
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Am I Missing It...

...or is the the second Vitodens system I've seen without a LLH? TRVs on the radiation? Would that be limestone from Cape Girardeau, MO?
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    That's beautiful work, Mark

The piping, draining, etc. speak for themselves, a beautiful job on the Viessmann install despite the limited height you had to work with. Your insulation installation gives me something to aspire to...
  • Nron_13
    Nron_13 Member Posts: 164
    Venting change

I thought you had to use the Viessmann venting for there systems , Is useing the Stainless steel allowed only in the US or is it OK in canada too . Its good info to have , real nice work on the system. Whats in the condensate resivoiur did you use the PH pellets for septic fields?
  • Mark Eatherton1
    You're not missing anything...

We piped it in primary/secondary, so no need for a LLH. Tom Olds, my business partner confiscated all of the Cape Girardeau crushed limestone for his own system, so we resorted to Home Despot for crushed marble. THanks for your contribution though...

ME

• Mark Eatherton1
    You'd best check with Viessmann...

Some things don't translate well across certain borders. We are allowed to do vertical venting with approved stainless steel piping within factory recommended guidelines. We could not do the horizontal concentric venting thing without really fogging up their view of the Horned Canaries, so we opted to terminate on the roof, and keep the fog bank out of view.

ME

• Andrew Hagen (ALH)
    Andrew Hagen (ALH) Member Posts: 165
    The LLH is

primary/secondary. Same thing, different purpose. LLH hydraulically de-couples, P/S thermally decouples. We really could all be using close tees and strapping on the #5 LLH sensor.

I guess my question is if price was no object, why not pipe it the way Viessmann recommends? The people at Viessmann are pretty sharp. Also, a simple, small, serviceable auto air vent works quite well in the LLH.

Very nice work. Very nice choice of components. :-)

-Andrew
This discussion has been closed.